Announcing the Solutions Challenge
On Friday 17th July, Koen Timmers, Co-founder of Take Action Global and one of our World Education Week partners, announced an exciting new addition to our World Education Week programme – the T4 Solutions Challenge! 💥
Watch the video to learn what this challenge for teachers involves AND to learn about the prizes that will be awarded! A copy of the video’s transcript is available below the video.
Hi, this is Koen from Take Action Global and we all know about the huge impact T4 had a few weeks ago.
When Vikas and I were brainstorming about the next edition, we couldn’t help ourselves but make an important connection to the best practices in classrooms, from across the world. And we all know that good education goes with problem-solving, taking action and even sharing those practices with peers in every corner of the world. And that’s why we decided to come up with something new, something very exciting, an action component!
We want teachers globally to find a solution for a global issue. This can be poverty, climate change, gender inequality, or any other UN Sustainable Development Goal. But it has to involve SDG number 4 Quality Education.
We want you to create a two-minute video which describes your solution through education. Next, you will need to promote your solution on social media, and through other channels, because the 100, most voted videos, they will be considered by a jury!
Your deadline is 12th of September and we will be announcing the top three on September 28th. I am also happy to mention that you will not only receive infinite fame, but the winner will also go with $5000 US, the first runner up will receive $3000 US, and the second runner up will go with $2000 US.!
Make sure to submit your video at earthproject.org, and best of luck!
The Solutions Challenge in summary
- If you are a teacher, you are invited to submit a 2-minute video presenting a solution to a global issue.
- Your solution can be about any of the UN Sustainable Development Goals but it must include SDG 4 Quality Education.
- Your video must be in English and submitted to the Earth Project website.
- Include a 200-word summary with your video.
- Deadline for submitting: 12th September.
- Once your video is on the site, please share your submission on the Earth Project website and ask your networks to vote for you.
- Publication of the top 100 projects: 21st September
- The 100 most popular videos will be reviewed by a jury.
- The winner will receive $5000 US, the first runner up will receive $3000 US and the second runner up will receive $2000 US!
- The 3 winners will be announced on 28th September.
To learn more, visit the Solutions Challenge page on the Earth Project website.