Our World Education Week Plenary
World Education Week 2020 began with our Plenary session on Sunday 4th October.
No registration was required for our Plenary event which was streamed live on social media across our following channels:
- Twitter account @VikasPota
- Vikas Pota’s LinkedIn profile
- Facebook Page @iamVikasPota
- Facebook Group: @T4Education
- YouTube Channel: @VikasPota
Our Plenary programme
We had a very exciting programme, summarised below and you can watch it here:
Our host, Vikas Pota will welcome you to our Plenary.
What can we do to catch up on Sustainable Development Goal 4?
- Speaker: Emiliana Vegas, Co-Director of the Centre for Universal Education, the Brookings Institution, USA
How should we prepare the children for tomorrow?
Why schools matter
- H.E. Dr Matthew Prempeh, Minister of Education, Ghana
- H.E. Nepomuceno A. Malaluan, Under-Secretary of Education, Philippines
- H.E. Jaime Saavedra, Global Head of Education, The World Bank, Peru
- H.E. Debbie Schaefer, Minister of Education for the Western Cape, South Africa
The importance of investing in new ideas
Spotlight on schools
- Diana Sánchez, Institución Educativa Jaime Garzón, Colombia
- Željana Radojičić Lukić, Primary School Milan Rakic, Serbia
- Alex Crossman, The Charter School East Dulwich, London, UK
- Komal Dadlani, Colegio Alberto Blest Gana, Chile
- Vinod Ram, Samaritan Mission School, India
Unveiling the winner of the T4 Solutions Challenge
Our 3 finalists had their video entries played during the Plenary and we unveiled the overall winner.